Welcome to Ernst's homely homepage
Holy Doppelgänger, Batman!
In case the topics on this page don't seem to match the "Ernst Mayer" you're looking for, are you perhaps looking for information on one of the following fine fellows? (I believe the Wikipedia term for this sort of thing is "disambiguation):
- Famous evolutionary biologist Ernst W. Mayr, late of Harvard University? (Note the slightly different spelling of the last name - the "Mayer" misspelling of his last name is alas extremely common, and probably leaves more than a few people who wind up here wondering what in the dickens Fermat Numbers and Mersenne primes have to do with the modern evolutionary synthesis and the theory of allopatric speciation.) I should consider myself extremely fortunate if, like him, I were still doing important science at age 100. Bookmark this page and come back sometime after May 2063 if you want to find out the answer.
- Univ.-Prof. Dr. Ernst W. Mayr of the Technische Universität München? (Who happens to also be the thesis advisor of my good friend Alex Kruppa.) Now being confused with *that* fellow I can understand - even his alma mater Stanford University can't get the spelling right, either in their student-tree for him ("Mayer") or the link to it ("Meyer").
- University of Basel Atomic-force-Micrsoscopy and Tribology expert Prof. Dr. Ernst Meyer?
- Brain-Imaging expert Ernst Meyer of McGill University?
Algorithms and Number-Theoretic Stuff
The Great Internet Mersenne Prime Search
R. E. Crandall, E. W. Mayer and J. S. Papadopoulos, The twenty-fourth Fermat number is composite, Mathematics of Computation 72 (243), pp.1555-1572, December 2002.
Selected discussion threads on mersenneforum.org:
Miscellaneous Musings, Rants, and Commentaries
Permanently Under Construction
- 01 Feb 2013: 48th Known Mersenne Prime Found!
- 12 Apr 2009: 47th Known Mersenne Prime Found!
- Dec 22, 2008: Merry Christmas 2008!
- 11 Sep 2008: 45th and 46th Known Mersenne Primes Found!
- 26 Oct 2007 - present: Global Financial Crisis, a.k.a. "How all the alleged developed-nation democracies of the world became corporate-kleptocrat-run bank-owned real estate"
- 2007 Archive:
- Dec 21, 2007: Merry Christmas 2007!
- May 02, 2007: The Great Skype Bandwidth-Hijack Caper
- Apr 12, 2007: RIP Kurt Vonnegut
- Apr 06, 2007: Martin Amis: The age of horrorism
- Mar 04, 2007: NYT Magazine: Robin Henig: Darwin's God
- Jan 28, 2007: NYT: Michael Pollan: Unhappy Meals -- How deciding "What to Eat?" became so complicated
- 2006 Archive:
- Nov 02, 2006: 30 Years of String-Theoretical Noodling Around, a.k.a. "The Emperor Has No Threads"
- Aug 21, 2006: Note to the Moon: You May Already be Pre-Approved!!!
- Jun 23, 2006: Congressional Math is Different than Regular Math
- Jun 14, 2006: Robert F. Kennedy Jr. - Was the 2004 Presidential election stolen?
- Jun 13, 2006: Sudanese Stooges Want your Money!
- 06/06/06: The Great Satanic Sunscreen-Slathering Cabal holds its annual press conference
- Jun 01, 2006: An author with a Porpoise - Dan Brown's Angels and Demons
- May 24, 2006: It was a dark and thundering night in the renowned Louvre museum ... deconstructing The Da Vinci Code
- May 01, 2006: Go Fug Yourself.com: The Hollywood Fashion Disaster Lover's Blog
- Apr 01, 2006: Sci-Fi Channel does a stealth Siegfried
- 2005 Archive:
- Dec 29, 2005: Unhappy New Year 2006!
- Dec 01, 2005: Freaked out by the Muppet Stamps
- May 18, 2005: We're Off to See the Whizzinator
Weird Stuff, a.k.a. the Pursuit of Happiness and Other Foibles
(Heh, heh, you said "hap-pe..." oh wait, I did say this page was Safe for Kids, didn't I?)
You are visitor number
since 1 January 2000. Free counter courtesy of WebCounter.
http://hogranch.com/mayer/home.html -- Last Revised: 04 Feb 2013
Send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org